Exchange Move requests and “Fatal error MapiExceptionShutoffQuotaExceeded has occurred”

I’ve been doing some archive database moves for a client and started running into an issue where a few of the moves would fail, while a majority of the rest would run OK.

Looking at the log files, the error “Fatal error
MapiExceptionShutoffQuotaExceeded has occurred” appeared:

We reached out to the client’s TAM at Microsoft to see if he could ping anyone someone in PSS on the Exchange team for a quick and easy answer but no luck. So after weeks of fiddling around and researching, I found this article and it mentioned shutting off the quota limits on the mailbox

Well I had originally checked the source mailbox database:

But never checked the target.  And volia – quotas WERE turned on!

As soon as I turned this off and resumed the job…

It ran with no problems!


Chris Blackburn

Learn More →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.